SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT...

“Children, I said to her. For the first little while, they not exactly human, you don't find?”
Nalo Hopkinson

Friday, February 18, 2011

Soap Box Rant: I'm Stepping Up To Speak My Mind!


I listen to The Tom Joyner Morning Show, and I have noticed a pattern of sexist banter between the host Tom Joyner and co-host J. Anthony Brown.  The two middle-aged men seem to focus truly idiotic energy on making fun of the bodies of middle-aged women.  The reason these men talk about women are because they know their audience feels comfortable with it.  I think J. and Tom enjoy it too.

Now look, let's get real. If you care to, take a close physical look at these two.  It could be truthfully said that they are average looking: no one would probably glance at them twice.  They are representative of most of the men in their audience.  That is why Tom and J. try to deflect attention from their own sagging, mediocre, and aging bodies by laughing at the bodies of famous women.  Tom and J., you need to quit it.

Oh yeah, and more more thing Mr. Tom Joyner: I've seen you dancing on the Sky Show and it is obvious that you wear what you want to, so you have no cause to ever be laughing at Whoopie Goldberg's style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?