SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT...

“Children, I said to her. For the first little while, they not exactly human, you don't find?”
Nalo Hopkinson

Thursday, August 4, 2011

I Can't Find The Book I Was Reading.



Although it's probably right in front of my face, I don't feel like looking for it anymore.  So now I need to find something light but slightly exhilarating to read.  What shall it be?

Judy's Journey  Lois Lenski

Flat-Footed Truths: Telling Black Women's Lives  Patricia Bell-Scott with Juanita Johnson-Bailey

Their Eyes Were Watching God  Zora Neale Hurston

The Poisonwood Bible  Barbara Kingsolver

Sherlock Holmes  Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Hercule Poirot's Early Cases  Agatha Christie

Daughters of the Dust  Julie Dash

All of these are possibilites because I've read them before and they are soothing to me like lavender incense and chocolate chip cookies.  Ya'll know about me and those cookies!

I like the short stories because they don't obligate me to very much time, but the novels have some prose and familiar characters that I love.

Tonight it will be Daughters of the Dust by Julie Dash.  Have a good evening everybody.  Peace.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks to you I am now craving choc. chip cookies (definitely making some today) and a good reading of Sherlock Holmes.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I did find the book I was looking for. It was Xenocide by Orson Scott Card, but I did end up reading some of Daughters of the Dust too.

    Sherlock Holmes is one of my favorites because Doyle takes me to places I am never expecting. In A Study In Scarlet the reader goes to Utah with the Mormons and in another story (I don't remember the name) we end up in India in the middle of an uprising. Oh yeah, then there's that story where Holmes is undercover in some kind of dope house, similiar to the crackhouses we have now. I expected Holmes to always be in England or in London on Baker street. Doyle is awesome!

    I have been using light olive oil in place of butter when I make my chocolate chip cookies. My son like them that way and I pretend they are healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say thanks for visiting my blog. I'm a new follower here and look forward to reading more. I shared your blog on My Life.'s face book page. Donna

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?