SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT...

"Its strangeness seemed to trigger in me the same primordial feeling of throwness that every negro experiences when hurled into a society that simultaneously supports and, I am saying, annihilates him, because he can find reflections of himself nowhere in it - like a falcon exiled, say, to the Lifeworld of fish, always off balance, but finally embracing the alien in all its otherness, yet never sure if he's got it right.”

From The Sorcerer's Apprentice by Charles R. Johnson. The quote is from the short story "Popper's Disease" on page 134 of the Penguin softcover.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Readathon On Saturday December 3.



In an attempt to finish my To Be Read list for 2011, I am participating in a readathon hosted by Dead White Guys and The Soul of Thought.

During the day I will be posting about what I'm reading.  I plan to read:

The Dark Abode Sarojini Sahoo -  I have to read on the computer because I cannot find the book in English.

Unbowed Wangari Maathai

Winesburg Ohio Sherwood Anderson

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your readathon! I have been contemplating doing one myself.

    I'm a new follower of your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I wanna finish those three books just to be able to say I did it.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?